May 16th 2017
- Tags: recipe, maximized nutrition, essential 3, cheesy, cream cheese, chicken broth, cheddar cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, spinach
Overview of the Recipe
A healthy but delicious way to spruce up those boring veggies is always to add cheese!
- 1/4 c organic butter
- 3 tbsp organic cream cheese
- 1/4 c organic chicken broth
- 1 c organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Additional shredded cheese (for topping)
- Steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, etc.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese and broth and stir until completely combined and smooth. Reduce heat slightly and add cheese, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and pour over steamed vegetables into a casserole dish, top with additional shredded cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.